Friday, February 5, 2010

Tunapuna Shopping Trip

This afternoon I went on a little shopping trip to Tunapuna. I pass Tunapuna on my way to tutoring and I've always wanted to stop and check it out...I took some pictures so you can shop along with me!


This car is on my walk down the hill, on a bad day, it really cheers me up!


This is a Maxi Taxi, what I ride pretty much everywhere. The red band shows which route it runs, I have yet to venture outside of red!


This is a little glimpse of the street view. It is lined with shops and store fronts.


A guy was sitting outside a shop with a table set up of homemade jewelry. Thing were made of bamboo, copper, bone, wood, all kinds of things. I bought a pair of earrings the are made of butterfly wings, they are cool (and convert to $2.50, nice)


This is what some of the stores looked like...just packed with stuff on top of stuff! Most of them were regular stores, but the ones like this were overwhelming!


The Tunapuna market. This guy laughed at me after I took this! It was a big farmer's market, some of the food I had seen before, some I hadn't. But the worst were the dried fish skins, the smell was awful by those tables!


Some peppers, I just think they are really cool, I've never really seen peppers like these!


It is hard to see, but this little guy was on a tree outside my door when I got home. He wasn't very photogenic.

Hope you enjoyed the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment